We are looking for a well-rounded, highly creative freelance Concept Artist to support our ambitious and dynamic team of Screen-, Motion-, and UX-Designers, 3D Artists and 3D Developers in the creation of strong visual styles for our various digital projects. The ideal candidate should have 3 to 5 years of job experience in the games industry or a closely related field, as well as a fascination for innovative technology and digital experiences.
Requirements and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of composition, color and light, shapes, perspective drawing, atmosphere and tone, as well as physical proportions, motion and poses.
- Extensive experience in 2D design and rendering, alongside sketching and storyboarding skills.
- Excellent skills in Photoshop.
- Experience in drawing technical poses, reference sheets and paint-overs for 3D Artists and Animators.
- Quickly and clearly developing new ideas and iterating over concepts during prototyping- and RnD- phases of development.
- Communicating complex ideas and concepts both visually and verbally to other team members and departments effectively.
- Developing and realising a wide variety of diverse styles and themes.
- Strong communication skills in german and/or english, written and spoken.
- Achieving high quality within defined time limits.
Desired additional Skills:
- Wide range of mastered subjects, like character design, environment art, architectural design and industrial design.
- Experience with both Stylized Art and Realism.
- Experience in 3D Software (Eg. Substance Painter).
- Experience with instruction of external contractors.
- Familiarity with 3D Modeling/Texturing/Animation workflows.
You are available from now on and have 2 to 3 weeks time.